Social Media and Communications
An exciting opportunity to support our growth by managing social media channels to raise awareness of initiatives, maximise engagement with activities and promote our values
At a glance
Commitment: 4 hours a week (flexible to suit you)
Location: UK remote working
Start date: as soon as possible
- Consistently and actively maintain social media accounts.
- create effective and appealing written content for posts across varied channels and selecting relevant images to support visually.
- communicate with social media followers, including responding to comments in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date with WHEN's initiatives and promote them across different channels.
- Think of innovative ways to drive online engagement and channel growth. Stay up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media, identify trends and key individuals to follow as well as world events/awareness days that are relevant to our initiatives.
- Look at diversifying WHEN's online presence by developing other potential social media channels i.e., Instagram and Facebook.
- Using analytical tools such as Google Analytics, LinkedIn, and Facebook Insights to monitor and evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance. Prepare monthly reports on social media marketing efforts, suggesting recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results and share success with the wider team.
Who we are looking for
- Commitment to WHEN's values; Inclusion, Respect, Cohesion, and Action.
- Experience of growing social channels; LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter.
- Experience creating social content.
- Experience using schedulers like Later.
- Excellent written communication skills, with accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively when building and sharing content.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and motivated to work as an individual.
- A creative eye for design with experience of using Canva/InDesign.
Why volunteer for WHEN?
A grassroots network for women
We are a rapidly growing social enterprise dedicated to the acceleration of gender equity in higher education. We believe that gender equality is taking too long and we don’t want to be talking to our grandchildren about the same challenges being faced today. Our mission is to support women to achieve fulfilment in their careers and to support universities to achieve systemic and cultural change.
- Grow your network - be part of a team of supportive women all passionate about speeding up gender equity in higher education, in the first and only network for all women working in high education across the UK
- Make a difference - through WHEN's awesome initiatives like 100 Black Women Professors NOW, WHEN's systemic change programme
- Be creative - be part of bringing to life and showcasing ideas like the 100,000 Voices Heard campaign
- Find fulfillment - Recognise your strengths and build confidence through WHEN's fantastic team away days